Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Celebrating 200+ posts with Kesariya Peda - केसरिया peda (Saffron Milk Fudge)

Hello friends,


Wow, I don't know how time flies. I posted my very first post on Feb 10th 2010 and see, 6.5 months later I posted my 200th post yesterday. Didn't even realize that is why posting this celebration post on 202nd recipe... lol


I am not a writer, so I cannot really tell my feelings or express them like others do. But, in just simple sentence, I would like to thank you all, my readers, some bloggers and some non bloggers for all your regular visits and all the wonderful encouragements/suggestions/feedbacks that you have given all these days. How can I not mention the very person who inspired me starting a blog herself, my real life friend (not just a blogger friend), Rupali (she is on a break right now, India trip). There are so many more blogger friends of mine who have encouraged me from time to time and who are such religious followers and always say great words. I have made more friends in this blog world in last 6 months than I made in my entire life. I also found a blogger friend who coincidentally shares the home town (in India) with me and we noticed it only recently. Isn't that great. Blogging for me is such a relaxing activity for me. My hubby complains (sometimes) that all I do is blogging. But hubby dear, of course I also work a full-time job (work from home), take care of an infant (24x7) and take care of a 5 yr old (about 20 hours a day) and I cook almost all the meals at home, ok, let me stop bragging. 


Now, to celebrate this wonderful and sweet milestone of mine, here is a sweet that I love. I am a big fan of peda. I am sure you all remember pedas that we get outside temples for prasad (offerings) for various gods. Then, I had some real peda when I visited a place called "Madhupur" in Bihar, which is famous for it's pedas.


When I came to US, I had my friends preparing pedas in home using various ingredients, regular milk or mawa or combination of milk products and even adding some other ingredients to give flavor. So, this is my first attempt of making peda at home. Now, I have this recipe bookmarked for a while (don't ask me the source as I don't remember right now, as it seriously has been a while, meaning few months ago), but do not remember the source, sorry guys. Being what I am, I had picked the easiest recipe.


Kesariya Peda - केसरिया peda (Saffron Milk Fudge)




Ingredients
Mava (Khoya - Reduced Milk) - 2 cups
Sugar - 2 cups
Illaichi (Cardamom) powder - 1 tsp
Kesar (saffron) - few strands, soaked in few tbsp hot milk
Pista - chopped or sliced for garnishing
Preparation
  • Heat khoa and sugar in a kadahi while stirring continuously till the sugar melts and then dries up. It took me about 8 min. 
  • Add illaichi powder and kesar and mix well. 
  • Make about 20-25 medium sized Pedas of desired shape. 
  • Decorate with Pista.
Serving
Just serve them as a dessert or as prasad (offering) on some festival. It simply goes for anything.


I am sending this to Celebrate Sweets: Pedha event of Jagruti started by Nivedita.




That's all for now. Take care till next post.

41 comments:

Kiran said...

Dear Priya,

Congratulations on your 6.5 months of wonderful blog journey with 202 recipes.Keep going.

Saffron peda looks very delicious.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Wow! Look at that..Mouthwatering!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

Awesome! Congrats on the biiiig milestone!

aipi said...

Wow.Wow Wow!!Congrats :) 202 :) is a long way..... all the best for the next 200 and beyond...
Peda looks awesome!!

sonu said...

wow !! congrats priya..wish u many more milestones..way to go gal ! btw the peda looks scrumptious !

Ragini Miranda said...

Delicious !! so simple to make too! I love pedas !! Congratulations on your 200+ posts.Keep rocking !!

Pari Vasisht said...

Congrats dear, that's a true traditional way to celebrate with pedhas.
FOODELICIOUS

Umm Mymoonah said...

Congrats Priya, in 6 months you have achieved a lot really, your pedas looks simply delicious.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow...well done dear...they look absolutely fabulous..!

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Priya, keep rocking gal..Delectable pedas..

Sushma Mallya said...

Congrats priya, peda looks perfect...

Heather S-G said...

Saffron milk fudge!? Oh my...my heart is beating fast for these...I want some badly! They're beautiful =) Fab 6 months!!!

Aparna S Mallya said...

WOW, girl, u r on a roll! Keep it up!and mouthwatering pedha u got there!

Elaichii said...

Congrats priya! It's truly amazing how you can multi task home, kids and blogging. i really appreciate all your effort and wish you good luck in the future.

www.elaichii.blogspot.com

Satya said...

congrats priya ...perfect way to celebrate with these delicious pedhas...love them always

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Hayley said...

Hey priya
Congrats on your 200th post..well done...peda looks delectable ! great clicks too..thanks for the entr...

Suneetha's kitchen said...

Great job Priya... congrats...Multi tasking....Keep Going

Madhavi said...

MANY MANY CONGRATULATIONS DEAR ON YOUR 200+ POSTS :)))

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

thts a big big milestone..6.5mnths and 202 posts.wonderful.congrats darling.way to go girl...saffron peda looks heavenly..

Torviewtoronto said...

Congrats this looks delicious
check out the event in my site

Nithu Bala said...

Congrats Dear..Delicious pedas..

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Congrats on your 200th post. Good going !!! Great looking peda ..Love them

TREAT AND TRICK said...

Congrats dear for reaching 202th post, keep posting your delicious recipes..this is so yummy..

Latha said...

Congrats Priya....keep up the good work. Pedas look yummy.

notyet100 said...

congrats wish u mny more,..

SS blogs here said...

Congratulations on your 202nd post!! :) I certainly appreciate your posts, your company and enthusiasm! Best wishes!

Indrani said...

Congrats, Priya....if we make a list of the most active bloggers of this blogosphere, you'll be in the top of the list...200th post in 6.5 months, amazing,..husbands don't see what we really do, 'cause we're "supposed" to do that any way, don't stop, carry on........we're with you..peda looks mouth watering

Rumana Rawat said...

Wow so lovely and delicious:)

Akanksha said...

congrats on your milestone..thats pretty early achievement

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Wow Priya you are so fast dear!!! Congrats on your 202th post. Great going.... Pedas looks yummy
Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Sanjeeta kk said...

Congrats! An apt treat for the great achievements. Best wishes.

My Kitchen Antics said...

congrats...may u have many many more 200's :)

Niloufer Riyaz said...

Congrats Priya!! wishing you many more success !!! lovely pedas!

Panchpakwan said...

Congarts Priya on your milestone.
Hope to see many more yummy yummy recipes from you.

Pedas looks devine!!

Ann said...

Congrats on your 200th post. I'm struggling to get to at least 100 :-(. Thanks for stopping by recently. Your pedas look delish!

The Housewife said...

Congrats Priya! Its really an achievement! Your such an inspiration :)

Sanchita said...

Congrats!! Peda looks awesome. :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Hi thanks for the kind words dear :) Congrats dear...pedas look so tempting...awesome :)

Raks said...

Congrats on reaching the milestone! And the sweet is perfect for the occasion too!

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Congrats on ur mileston priya!!!! Great way to celebrate, Peda looks yummy!!!

Madhavi said...

woww..yummy Mouthwatering peda!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails