When I had seen this fudge @ Srimathi's blog, it was like I had to make it. I wrote her right away and had some questions cleared and made it. It came out beautifully !!!
Thanks Srimathi for this nice Bournvita Fudge recipe. I made slight changes after talking to her. Main change was of course using Ovaltine instead of Bournvita (which for people who do not know, is a chocolate flavored nutritious drink powder used in India)
Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 1.5 cups
Ovaltine - 2 cups (powder) - you can substitute any chocolate flavored drink powder like Bournvita, fudge or even Nestle brand.
Hot water - 1 cup (preferable very very hot, close to boiling)
Brown Sugar - 1/3 cup
Regular Sugar - to sprinkle on top
Butter - 1/3 cup for cooking and about 1 tbsp for greasing the plate and rubbing on it
- Mix Ovaltine in hot water till it is all smooth and keep aside.
- Take a pan, add butter, let it melt and bubble up.
- Add maida and cook till nice aroma comes from it and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Add Ovaltine mix (mix it once again before adding as it tends to settle down when kept aside), brown sugar and mix till nice dough type ball forms.
- Meanwhile, grease a tray or plate of the same thickness that you would like your fudge to have.
- Pour the dough mix in it and with buttered hands spread it nicely to a smooth surface.
- Refrigerate it for about 30-60 min before cutting it or digging into it.
- Once out of the refrigerator, cut them into desired shape and enjoy.
Serve it as a dessert after any meal. I usually like to nuke it for 5 seconds before eating.
I am linking this to Vegetarian Foodie Fridays # 18.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.