Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Veggie/Fruit A Month Event - Completes One Year !!!

Hello Friends,


I just realized little late that we are in 2nd year (14th Edition) of this wonderful and healthy event Veggie/Fruit A Month Event. This was my very first effort of starting an event in my blog and now I am so proud to say that it has completed one full year and is into 2nd one.



For this success, firstly I would like to thank all my fellow bloggers who guest hosted this event for the past year (Akheela from TorviewAyeesha from Taste of Pearl CityKiran from SumadhuraRicha from Richa's Kitchen, Aipi from US Masala, Divya from Dil Se…, Pari from Foodelicious, Vanessa from Sweet Artichoke, Rupali from Recipe Grab Bag, Reshmi from Rasoi, Savitha from Savitha's Kitchen and Revathi Madan from Kaarasaaram) and also the bloggers who are hosting it for future months. I then would like to thank all my blogger friends and readers, who actively participate in this event, month after month.



Of course, it is an event about cooking with a vegetable or a fruit which is the STAR ingredient for that month, chosen by the host. But, the best thing (in my opinion) is how it encourages you to cook something NEW and not send archived entries for the event. In my mind that makes readers who may have cooked with that ingredient a lot, an opportunity to try something entirely new or tread the waters in a way they haven't done before.


Veggie/Fruit of July 2011 is CARROT and is being hosted by Revathi.




Please visit this link to check the past and future host line-up and past roundups. Please do email me if you are interested in hosting it in future.

21 comments:

Deepthi KR said...

congrats priya and wish to c more events from you!!!!!!!
find this news on food blog news
DeepthiDigvijay
Good Food Recipes
Coffe With Me Deepthi

Deepthi KR said...

congrats priya and wish to c more events from you!!!!!!!
find this news on food blog news
DeepthiDigvijay
Good Food Recipes
Coffe With Me Deepthi

Anonymous said...

Wowww.. congratulations Priya :D That is awesome :D I can imagine how happy you must be :D

Krishnaveni said...

many congrats priya, keep up the good work

Julie said...

Congrats Priya!!all your events are inspiration towards healthy foods,wishing to see many more events..

ruchikacooks said...

Congrats Priya! And thanks ;) I have something in hand to send it to your event this time..

Chaya said...

Congratulations on your completion of one year. That is exciting and this is such a nice event.

Unknown said...

Thanks Priya for your inspiring comment :) congrats to you too on the wonderful 1 yr milestone for your event - xoxo priya

sonu said...

congrats priya ..wish u to host many more such wonderful events..good luck !

Vardhini said...

Congrats Priya .. :)

Vardhini
Event: Fast food not Fat food

Torviewtoronto said...

congrats Priya I am so happy about this event it is the first event I hosted thank you
glad to have participated and looking forward to participate
regards
Akheela
Torviewtoronto and Createwithmom

Raksha said...

Congrats dear wil participate in the Carrot event :)

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Congrats Priya. I could not host it, lets see. if someone cant or something mail me pls.

Laxmipriya said...

congrats priya..

Shobha said...

Congratulations Priya.
It is really a nice event and as you said we start thinking of what to make with the given Fruit/Veggie each time and come up with something new and innovative sometimes.

Anjali Bapna Shukla said...

Congs congs congs!!! We really wish to see more of them coming over... :)

Suja Manoj said...

Congrats dear..great work,keep going..

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Priya..

Unknown said...

Hearty congratlations priya.This is a unique event,which makes s to think about variety of recipes.Happy to be part of this event.Have posted my round up.

Prema said...

Congrats Priya...

my life and spice said...

Congrats Priya. I admire all your effort and hard work. Wish you the best.

Deepika @ My Life & Spice

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails