Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Eggless / Butterless / Sugarless Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

Hello Friends,


Did the title intrigue you enough? If not I am pretty sure after reading this recipe, you will surely give this a try.


Somehow since I have started baking a couple of months ago, I have been obsessed with bananas, in baking. I am not a banana fan. I mean if someone asks me to eat banana, it will be a huge task for me to eat it, and finish it. But, somehow I have always loved that wonderful sweet smell of banana in baking. So most of my baking these days include banana in some or other other way. For example, Eggless Chocolate and Bread Pudding, Best Chocolate Banana Bread Ever, Soft/Moist Eggless Banana Cake,  Banana Strawberry Muffins, Quinoa Cake Stix.


I am pretty sure most of you in the blog world know all about Champa and recognize as one of our baking queens as that is what she is to me. I refer to her blog for all my baking needs. She has everything from basics of baking to charts of conversion to baking mixes to wonderful baking recipes along with other non baking stuff. If you have never visited her blog or new to blog world, please make sure to visit her and user her as a guide for all baking needs.

So, this is a recipe I had bookmarked from Champa in June last year and this last weekend is when I got time to make it. What fascinated me to this recipe is of course banana, but on top of that, it is eggless (I have no aversion of cooking with eggs, but if I can avoid it why not as I don't eat eggs in my daily life other than for baking), it is sugarless (banana's sweetness and addition of honey does the work) and it is absolutely butterless and believe me when I say that you won't miss it a bit when eating the bread. And, to top all the above said things, there are chocolate chips. For some chocoholics like me, that is surely the cherry on the top :)


Another wonderful thing about this recipe is that you can bake it into a bread, a cake or even muffins. So, go with your what your heart tells you at that time. You can enjoy it as a perfect breakfast or evening snack or even dessert with some ice-cream.


Please go to Champa's blog to check details on this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread recipe. I have followed it as it is, so not going to copy here.



This goes to Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday (Volume 62)event hosted by Aipi and me.



34 comments:

Sangeetha M said...

wow...all less(egg,sugar,butter) but more delicious n yummy bread...came out really good...bookmarking !!!

Champa said...

Priya,
Thanks for trying and blogging about it. Bread looks very good. I am glad you have started baking.

Sanctified Spaces said...

Yummy bread recipe. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Saraswathi Iyer said...

Looks tempting and perfect. One more thing the event Coconut ends 2011 rite?

turmericnspice said...

looks really nice and like u am not crazy about bananas but love the flavor in baked goods

R said...

wow this looks like a really healthy and wholesome treat, its come out perfectly priya, good job.

alpana said...

Amazing recipe with so many " Less" I think I will have to do more of this" Less" Recipe . Thanks for sharing.

Suja Manoj said...

Perfect and tempting breakfast

Madhavi said...

Oh great..bread looks soft and yummm!!!

Sumee said...

Can it get better than that.!!! Wow.. nice recipe.

SinFoodie said...

Wow !!! That is so healthy and yummy at the same time. Must try it someday:)

Sravs said...

perfectly baked bread !! looks wonderful !!

Ongoing Event - CC-What's For Friday Dinner??

Reshmi Mahesh said...

You cant make anything more healthy..:)..It looks perfect to start a day with...yumm...

Vidhya said...

Love this banana bread.With so many festivals round the corner its always good to keep an eye on what you are eating and this is perfect for the season.

Unknown said...

whats not good about this...its eggless, butterless and sugarless!...yum!

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Perfectly made and love the texture.

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking banana bread

Reeni said...

What a scrumptious bread! I'm always amazed at eggless baking!

Kanchan said...

inch pinch .. eating banana is seriously a huge task :D
Nice header and good recipe .. sugarless - butter less good :)

Raks said...

Nice recipe sounds good...

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looks so fresh n delicious..:)
excellent try priya..
Tasty Appetite

Sweet Artichoke said...

Yipeee! A guilt-free, healthy cake! Thanks for sharing!

Shama Nagarajan said...

delicious

Treat and Trick said...

It came out awesome! Really love this kind of recipe....

Priya Suresh said...

Bread looks absolutely guilt free and fantastic..

Prathima Rao said...

Eggless, butterless, sugarless?? And yet they look so moist & too yummy!!! A perfect bread recipe!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Sanyukta Gour(Bayes) said...

Mmm..lip smacking....looks yummy...
Hey dear I m in India...as it's little H's first trip just busy with friends n relatives n traveling...
Thanks for asking..
Betn hru doing..how's life
Sanyukta
http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

Santosh Bangar said...

healthy delicious bread

Sobha Shyam said...

sure an interesting bread, i must say its healthy and will love to try it out..

Jaisy James said...

nice baked bread superbb

Neha said...

Lovely looking banana bread...It's healthy too...

Urmi said...

Bread looks soft, spongy, yummy, flavourful and tempting.Very nicely prepared.

kranthi said...

it must be healthy recipe. nice one

Unknown said...

That looks great. It must be very dense - exactly how I like my banana bread. Yummy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails