Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Soft/Moist Egg-less Banana Cake

Hello Friends,


Today I am here with a soft/moist Eggless Banana Cake that I had bookmarked from Priti's blog which she had posted on 200th post. I have to confess here that I am not a big banana fan. But, I guess I found a way of using banana in daily intake using my baking. I had made a Banana Chocolate Bread and Eggless Banana Pancakes recently and this is an addition to the same saga.


I am going to re-write the recipe as I very slightly modified it. It came out very very soft, almost melt in the mouth kind, but no crumbles, just one great piece. Do you see how I portion controlled (last pic) just to make sure we don't hog ... lol. Thanks Priti for this recipe, it is such a great one as a dessert, snack and even breakfast.


Egg-less Banana Cake
Ingredients
All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
Granular Sugar - 3/4 cup
Ripe Banana - 1 1/4 cup, pureed (1 cup is good enough, I used extra quarter as that was left over and I didn't want to throw it)
Butter - 1/2 cup (You can use regular cooking oil here as well)
Fresh Curd/Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Fresh Milk - 1/4 cup
Walnut - 1/4 cup, chopped (I felt like I could have added more, so be the judge and add as much as you want)
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Preparation
  • Chop walnut and puree Bananas
  • Beat sugar with yogurt until fluffy
  • Add banana puree and mix well
  • Add milk and beat well
  • In a separate bowl mix flour with baking soda & powder
  • Now, add flour mixture little by little in the banana mixture and combine everything well
  • Add butter/oil and mix well until it blends with the mixture
  • At the end just fold in walnuts
  • Pour the mixture in a greased tin (I used a square one) and bake at 400 degree F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
Serving
We ate almost half of it, just like that, right after it cooled down with nothing else. But, feel free to use anything you like to top it with, some powdered sugar or ice-cream or any other frosting.



This goes to Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday (Volume 49) event of Aipi and Mine.



That's all for now. Take care till next post.

46 comments:

Anonymous said...

Priya, it looks so soft. I have never tried a banana cake.. Looks yumm.. Does it give out a lot of banana taste? I am not a huge fan of banana. But your cake looks so welcoming that I am tempted to make :D

Sangeetha M said...

this looks so moist n spongy cake...so perfectly done..bookmarked !!!

KrithisKitchen said...

Bananas and walnut is a heavenly combo.. I am so gonna try this.. love your cute lil sized bread..

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
Roundup: Healing Foods - Banana
Event: Serve It - Grilled/Barbequed/Tandoored

Amritha Kalyani said...

Looks so soft and spongy. yummy evening snack..

Swathi said...

Eggless banana cake sounds delicious.

Santosh Bangar said...

yummy,yummy and yummy cake

Unknown said...

looks delicious..

Raksha said...

love this banana cake

Mélange said...

Yes,it's super moist and tempting..The slices make me hungry!

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

perfectly baked cake. Nicely explained too

Urmi said...

Banana cake looks soft, spongy, yummy and tempting. Very nicely prepared.

Radhika said...

I too posted one eggless banana bread yesterday.Loved this version of cake as i too love bananas. Bookmarked.


Event: Let's Cook - School Break Time Snacks

Unknown said...

Really cake looks so softy and tasty.

Treat and Trick said...

Looks so moist and yummy! Best eaten as it is since it is already sweet and has nut too...

Vardhini said...

Yummy and moist. I love to use nuts in baking. Looks good :)

Vardhini
Event: Fast food not Fat food

Pushpa said...

Banana cake looks soft,moist and delicious.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

mmm!!!! yummy!!!!

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

The cake looks so moist and soft...very yummy

Taste Melanger said...

Wow this looks as soft as the egg version & fresh yogurt must made it lighter and healthier too.. great recipe to keep in hand, when baking for non egg eaters!!

Event: Salad Spread

Unknown said...

Interesting!!! Also looks nice and yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will surely try this out.

Take the Cake Personality Test and find out which cake are you like. I have taken the test and have enjoyed a lot. Hope you too will enjoy it. Have Fun!!

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

wow..nice pic n great recipe priya..:P
Tasty Appetite

CinnamonNChillies said...

Looks yum...I don;t blame you. I would have picked one piece too every time I passed them by :-)

Anjali Bapna Shukla said...

You guys keep tempting me with such beautiful looking eggless cakes; can't resist myself to have this in the evening today. :)
Also, I was planning to try a cake with yogurt today, and luckily I have a recipe here to try with...thank u, sweetie. :)

Rajani said...

looks amazing! No wonder half of it was eaten up just like that :))

Unknown said...

Very soft and spongy indeed! And Eggless too! That is the icing on my cake

Mugdha said...

yummy and delicious cake...will try soon..:)

Julie said...

Soft n moist cake..looks very yum..

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

i have recently started making banana cakes...they taste delicious. love your banana squares...looks so soft.

arthi said...

looks really soft and moist..lovely recipe..

aipi said...

Just from the looks of it I can tell how really moist the cake is , that's how like my cake to be :)
US Masala

Neha said...

Looks real moist. Recently i also made choco banana (though with egg), and it was instant hit with kids. I made it again the very next day... hehe

Raks said...

I love the soft texture we get when we use banana! Amazing softness! Nice cake!

Latha said...

Cake looks wonderful...

Saraswathi Ganeshan said...

looks so soft & moist.Bookmarked it dear:)

Vidhya said...

Tempting soft and moist cake.

Joanne said...

Wow it looks so deliciously moist!

sonu said...

looks so moist and soft..luved tht extra banana flavour :)

Sanjeeta kk said...

Love banana cakes...looks good.

Chaitanya said...

spongy and soft cake yummy
www.rajafood.blogspot.com

Mugdha said...

I shared some awards with u...please collect them from my blog...tc..enjoy..:)

Deepthi KR said...

wow priya they look fantastic!!!!
I wanna much on them!!!
Food Blog News
Event-Healthy Snacks

Unknown said...

beautiful and yummy cake....

happy to follow you...

chk out my space too:
http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/

Plateful said...

I love banana bread and you have baked it to perfection. Looks so soft and delicious!

divya said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely tempting & yummy!!!

shweta Sylvia jani said...

hi, i made today this banana cake and it turned out to be awesome, i just replaced walnuts with handful of raisins..it was so yum..i could'nt stop eating it !!

shweta Sylvia jani said...

hi, i made this cake today and it was so awesome, i just replaced walnuts with raisins and i just couldnt stop eating it : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails