Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ultimate Brownie for Blog Hop

Hi Friends,


Today is the 3rd week of Blog Hop Wednesdays, an effort started by Radhika. It encourages us to blog hop and try our fellow blogger's recipes. Please check out what all this is about.


This week, I am paired with Anamika who has an amazing blog with great recipes and the best of all, some mouth watering pics and presentations. I have a couple from her blog bookmarked, but this is what I started with. She has this wonderful table in this post where she compiled some mouth watering brownie recipes from different sources and how they compare with each other. She picked this recipe Dorie Greenspan. Now, being a big Brownie fan, you can bet that I am going to try all those 6 recipes one by one, but this was the first one I wanted to try.


It came out perfect, not too crumbly, not too chewy, just perfect and melt in the mouth kind. How many of you have had those Brownie Petites @ COSCO (a store here in US). If you had those, you can compare these to the texture and taste of those. It took me just 10 minutes of preparation and 25 minutes of baking. It is that simple. So, what are you waiting for get started guys and make them. You will not regret. Thanks Anamika for that table and this delicious recipe.


Ultimate Brownie (Recipe of Dorie Greenspan)
Ingredients
Butter - 5 tbsp (I used salted to give that extra salty taste in my brownie, which I like, but feel free to use unsalted one to suit your taste buds)
Chocolate - 6 oz (I used semi-sweet squares of baking chocolate)
All-Purpose Flour - 1/3 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Eggs - 2 large (I used egg beaters equivalent of 2 large eggs)
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Preparation
  • Prepare your favorite pan with parchment paper and then some butter on the parchment paper as well.
  • Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
  • Take a small saucepan on heat and melt butter and chocolate till smooth.
  • Take it off the heat and let it come to room temp (about 4 min.or so)
  • Add sugar and whisk till smooth.
  • Add eggs, vainlla and salt and mix well till incorporated.
  • Add whisked APF now and mix till smooth.
  • Pour in the pan and bake for 25 - 30 minute or till toothpick comes out clean.
  • Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before trying to eat it.
  • Patience will be paid off :)
  • I got 16 squares of the size you see in the picture from the ingredients mentioned above.
Serving
Serve them as it is or with ice-cream if you prefer it. I just had a warm brownie all by itself. What a divine pleasure it gives to a chocoholic like me. You have to be a chocoholic to understand that :)



Please do check what other blog hoppers are cooking.




That's all for now. Take care till next post.

38 comments:

Aarthi said...

this looks delicious...

Sangeetha M said...

brownie came out very well and i love it texture n color...u made it perfectly...love chocolates a lot n gonna try this soon :)

Daisy Roshan said...

nice and moist brownie there....yum yum!!

Nupur said...

Looks tempting... Best with Ice cream...

Sanctified Spaces said...

The brownies have come out so well. Delish.

Archana said...

Priya I am hooked! Bookmarked!

Santosh Bangar said...

yummy brownies

Priya Sreeram said...

brownies looks delish !

Hari Chandana P said...

Woww.. looks absolutely perfect and tempting... awesome job :)
Indian Cuisine

Vidhya said...

Brownies look so good.I am sure it was an absolute delight to have.

Umm Mymoonah said...

Anything chocolatey cannot be resisted, looks absolutely delicious.

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Yummy Brownies...I too had bookmarked that page on Anamika's space...now looking at your's I have to try them out soon

Harini said...

beauties!!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking brownies Priya

Sanjeeta kk said...

Brownies look delightful!

KrithisKitchen said...

Absolutely divine!!
Krithi's Kitchen

Priyanka said...

Looks so perfect :)

Unknown said...

Delectable Brownies Priya! gimme :)

Priya Suresh said...

Looks absolutely divine..

Swathi said...

Brownies looks delicious Priya. Love it.

Mugdha said...

Aww it looks soo yummy that im drooling over the pics...its my all time fav..:)

Sobha Shyam said...

those are irresistible brownies Priya :)

Julie said...

Ultimate spongy n soft brownies,Priya.
You have been tagged in a game with me,check out my space :-)

Unknown said...

They look delicious...

Unknown said...

awesome brownie dear.....love the color....

Chk out my DIWALI Event
On Going Last Dy - Strawberry Dessert Event
September - ALMONDS Event & GIVEAWAY

Unknown said...

brownies looks delicious!...who can ever say no...just warm it and give me with a side of vanilla icecream! :) yum!

Nitha said...

delicious brownies..

Prathima Rao said...

Wow....Sinful & divine!!! Bookmarked this one..! And thx for dropping by my blog Priya & for following...Im already following u & a regular visitor of your space since a long time..:) Love your collection of recipes...
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

Suja Manoj said...

Moist and yummy..love it

Unknown said...

The brownie is very tempting... i wish i cud have some :)

Kalyani said...

looks yumm and delicious ........ very tempting pictures ........ happy to follow u .......

alpana said...

Love your blog....Following you.

Visit me at smart-snacks.blogspot.com

Kurryleaves said...

jus love brownies.....perfect with vanilla icecream....mm...drooling here

Gopika Ram said...

This really looks so yummy. I love brownies :D

Rajani said...

The brownies look yummy. Make me want to throw out my 'butter break' out of the window :))

aipi said...

You are showing this to a family of chocolate lovers ~ kiddo n I both are staring right now..lol..
USMasala

Miri said...

What a coincidence - I made chocolate brownies too yesterday since my daughter was yearning for something chocolate to eat after being ill last week.

veena said...

Drooling over the pics Priya!!!!!!!!my kiddo will love this:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails