Friday, April 29, 2011

Vegetarian Chilli with Mixed Nuts Paste

Hello Friends,


It looks like these days, all I am doing is cook from other blogs as I am so sick of my own cooking, know what I mean. Anyways, I am doing that as I am getting some really delicious recipe and great flavors and all are keepers.


For example, this one, Vegetarian Chilli with Mixed Nuts Paste from Joanne's blog (She has a different name though, but I thought this was more appropriate for me), which was something now I am going to prepare often.  You have to visit her blog for many more such recipes.


There are just few changes that I did, so, I am only going to mention the changes and not repeating her recipe here. Please visit her blog for the recipe.




Instead of using pinto and red kidney bean mix like she did, I used a packet of mixed beans I got from Indian store, which had dry yellow peas, dry green peas, red kidney beans, black-eye bean, dry black chickpea, whole green moong bean and may be 2 more (I don't remember their names). I soaked the beans overnight and pressure-cooked them with salt for 15 minutes and that made the process quicker than stove top cooking for an hour or so. As, she suggested I used a mix of Cashew, Pistachio and Pine nut for the nut paste, but personal opinion, I will skip pine nuts next time. I think it is totally me as I am not that acquainted with the taste of ground pine nuts, though I do enjoy them in my pesto pasta.


I enjoyed this as soup with a toasted bread, but my hubby and son wanted to eat it like a curry and enjoyed it that way. But, whatever your method is, it is sure super delicious and can you be believe how much protein it has? For a vegetarian like me, it is just perfect and it is so comforting to eat it. I also enjoyed it as my breakfast (without bread) the next day.


So, get creative with your serving ideas and enjoy this super delicious chili. Sorry for the bad picture, I was in hurry and did not get a good one.


I am sending to MLLA # 34 hosted by Desi Soccer Mom and started by Susan.


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

25 comments:

chef and her kitchen said...

I love this wid corn bread...full protein packed dish..urs look rich n creamy

Cassie said...

This chilli looks so delicious, I love how it contains mixed nuts along with beans! A lot of protein, perfect for a vegetarian

Mélange said...

The curry looks thick and creamy.Nice recipe Priya.
Reg Maitri,I can't since it's meant for US & Canada.Hope you got this time.

Kurinji said...

Delicious and yummy curry Priya. Kurinjikathambam, Event : HRH-Healthy Summer

Unknown said...

Wow ssuper delicious curry.drool drool.

Elaichii said...

Looks like a creamy satisfying and healthy meal!

Unknown said...

mouth is watering verily even at the picture - just equipped myself with some almond and cashew paste - gonna try something similar -- excellent post!

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and creamy looking dish dear. Excellent recipe.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Swathi said...

Vegetarian chili looks awesome delicious and creamy.

Nitha said...

yummy & creamy.. Looks great..

Kalyani said...

curry looks delicious priya .......

aipi said...

I had bookmarked this recipe too but you beat me to it- will make it soon now :) the color n texture is really appetizing!
US Masala

Priya Suresh said...

Wow looks sooo rich and yummy,delicious vegetarian chilli..

R said...

wow, it looks so yummy and creamy :))

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

sounds perfect dear...love all the flavors in it..:P
Tasty Appetite

Treat and Trick said...

So creamy and flavorful! Protein packed and a must try recipe...

Unknown said...

I will have to start cooking from other blogs too in order to come out of my mundane cooking and no blogging. Chilli looks rich with those nuts.

Joanne said...

Cooking from other blogs is definitely a great way to get new inspiration! I'm so glad you liked this dish! Looks delicious!

Rumana Rawat said...

Looks very creamy and tasty recipe:)

CinnamonNChillies said...

Hey Priya!
Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment :-) I am from New Delhi. I was also curious about ur middle name :-D R u a South Indian or married to one??

Feel free to mail me at the following address if u don't find it appropriate to answer by comment :-)

Mail me at contactme@cinnamonchillies.com

Reeni said...

I saw this on Joannes and thought it was delicious - same here! Your pictures are fine and I love the idea of the nut paste!

Shobha said...

a very healthy dish with all the beans and nuts...would love to eat it with some garlic bread.

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Love this one a lot.. with full flavors and healthy stuff..mmm i am really drooling priya.

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Protein packed dish, love the addition of nuts. But I am on your side on pine nuts, they taste great with pesto but one really has to get acquired to the taste in other dishes.

Tanvi@Sinfully Spicy said...

Looks so yum! I love the addition of nuts here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails