Another week of Blog Hop, love it, get to try different blogs and different recipes. Please check out what all this is about.
This week, I am paired with Priya Vassu of Enveetu Kitchen. A wonderful blogger and a great space she has. As, I always say, when I cook from someone's blog, I like to try their specialties, so, I picked a south Indian variety of rice preparation. I loved such mixed and quick rice preparations.
We enjoyed it and hope you do too !!!
Moongfali Chawal - मूंगफली चावल (Peanut Rice)
Rice - 2 cups, cooked
Peanuts - 1.5 cup, skinned and roasted (I used pre-roasted and lightly salted peanuts)
Grated Coconut - 1/4 Cup
Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp (you can increase the quantity or omit based on your preference)
Dry Red Chilies - 8-10
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp, just for color
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Gram Dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves a few - I skipped this as I didn't have any.
- Cook rice such that the rice grains are nice and fluffy.
- Powder roasted peanuts coarsely.
- Take 1 tsp oil in a non stick pan.
- Roast coconut and red chilies and powder them.
- Dry roast sesame seeds. Now, original recipe asked to powder it. But, I preferred not to, so, it is your preference.
- Heat rest of the oil in a pan.
- Add seasoning and let it splutter.
- Now, add rice, turmeric powder and all dry powders along with salt.
- Mix well and take it off the heat.
Serve it with some pickle or rasam/dahi as you prefer.
Please do check what other blog hoppers are cooking.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.