Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Moongfali Chawal - मूंगफली चावल (Peanut Rice) for Blog Hop

Hello Friends,


Another week of Blog Hop, love it, get to try different blogs and different recipes. Please check out what all this is about.


This week, I am paired with Priya Vassu of Enveetu Kitchen. A wonderful blogger and a great space she has. As, I always say, when I cook from someone's blog, I like to try their specialties, so, I picked a south Indian variety of rice preparation. I loved such mixed and quick rice preparations.

We enjoyed it and hope you do too !!!

Moongfali Chawal - मूंगफली चावल (Peanut Rice)
Ingredients
Rice - 2 cups, cooked
Peanuts - 1.5 cup, skinned and roasted (I used pre-roasted and lightly salted peanuts)

Grated Coconut - 1/4 Cup

Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp (you can increase the quantity or omit based on your preference)
Dry Red Chilies - 8-10

Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp, just for color
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
For Seasoning
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Gram Dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves a few - I skipped this as I didn't have any.

Preparation
  • Cook rice such  that the rice grains are nice and fluffy.
  • Powder roasted peanuts coarsely.
  • Take 1 tsp oil in a non stick pan.
  • Roast coconut and red chilies and powder them.
  • Dry roast sesame seeds. Now, original recipe asked to powder it. But, I preferred not to, so, it is your preference.
  • Heat rest of the oil in a pan. 
  • Add seasoning and let it splutter.
  • Now, add rice, turmeric powder and all dry powders along with salt.
  • Mix well and take it off the heat.
Serving
Serve it with some pickle or rasam/dahi as you prefer.




Please do check what other blog hoppers are cooking.



That's all for now. Take care till next post.

33 comments:

Archana said...

Delicious.Hosting an event which I am calling Back to our Roots Also hosting for Nov’11 Veggie Food for the Month_Raw Banana.

Santosh Bangar said...

gr8 recipe simple but tempting

Raji said...

This is a wonderful recipe...I always love easy rice mixes and this one is too good.

Sumee said...

Yummy... Never tried powdered peanuts.. nice

Rumana Rawat said...

Very delicious:)

R said...

looks like quick and delicious rice recipe, luv it!

Gopika Ram said...

Woww. thats a cool recipe Priya.. Never had this before :)

divya said...

Wow looks very tempting..yumm

Sangeetha M said...

this is new to me and the rice looks flavorful n yummy...nice choice priya and thanx for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Mouthwatering yum, Priya - Also do check out my winner announcement - you'll be quite thrilled :)

Deeksha said...

looks very tasty. Yummy!

Suja Manoj said...

New to me,flavorful and delicious recipe..will surely try this

Nisha said...

Very nice rice recipe , loved it.

Priya Suresh said...

Definitely a flavourful rice, simply inviting..

Rajee Mani said...

Delicious and simple recipe. I love peanuts and cant wait to try this soon :-)

Anonymous said...

I love this rice prep, and glad that u add coconut in it..just like my way...yummy

KrithisKitchen said...

Wow.. love this simple and tasty rice..
Krithi's Kitchen
Event: Serve It - Savory Baked

Gopika Ram said...

Congratulations Priya on the pasta bowl from Priya - Now Serving :) I won too.. yipeee

Amina Creations said...

looks delicious... yummy..

Sensible Vegetarian said...

I love peanut rice and this one looks superb.

Elaichii said...

Yummy!

chef and her kitchen said...

love the taste of this rice...very yummy

Swathi said...

Peanut rice looks delicious.

Unknown said...

very yummy rice....


Herbs and Flowers - "Parsley"
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY

Rajani said...

Perfectly made!

Vardhini said...

Looks yummy .. love rice and peanut combo.

Vardhini
Event: Bake Fest
Event: Dish it Out - Soy and Tomatoes

Lifewithspices said...

love these type of simple rice dishes ..

Kaveri Venkatesh said...

Simple and yummy flavorful rice...Hey Priya, I am looking for the recipe for Rajasthani Dal Dokli..Please help me if you can..

Unknown said...

This recipe is new for me. chawal looks so yummy.

Priya Sreeram said...

nice recipe- looks yum !

Mélange said...

Awesome rice.I can complete it within no time..Can imagine the flavour Priya..

Radhika said...

Nice choice Priya. Quick and healthy.

Simplyfood said...

This rice looks delicious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails