I am so happy that after a long time, I am doing Sweet Punch event again this month. I have always wanted to try a Pound Cake. So, when I saw the email from Sweet Punch team (Divya, Ria and Maria), I had to make it and guess what, may be for the first time, I made it way ahead in time.. lol. So, that is how excited I was about this.
I have to tell you here that I totally forgot about the Cake flour that I had to use in the recipe and used regular APF (All Purpose Flour) instead and cake came out pretty well. Now, when I try with cake flour, I may find some difference, but otherwise, it was as if bought from store. So, a wonderful recipe :)
Pound Cake for Sweet Punch
Milk - 3 tbsp
Large Eggs - 3
Vanilla - 1.5 tsp
Sifted Cake Flour - 1.5 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Unsalted Butter - 13 tbsp, softened
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Butter an 8 inch by 4 by 2.5 inch loaf pan, or any six cup loaf or fluted tube pan.
- Lightly whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix on low speed for 30 seconds, until blended. Add the butter and half the egg mixture, and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. On medium speed, beat for one minute. This will aerate and develop the cake’s structure. Scrape down sides.
- Add the remaining egg mixture in two batches, beating for 20 seconds between each addition. Scrape down sides.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Smooth surface with a spatula. Bake for 55-65 minutes (35-45 minutes if baking in a fluted tube pan), until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cake cool on a rack in the pan for 10 minuets before inverting onto a greased wire rack. If using a loaf pan, flip the cake over so the top is up.
For making Cake flour at home - Take one cup of all purpose flour and remove 2 tbsp from it.Replace the 2 tbsp flour with cornflour and sift together 2-3 times.Cake flour is ready to use.
Enjoy it warm or at room temperature with your morning or evening tea/coffee or even as a dessert with some ice cream or any sauces you prefer. We enjoyed it with some warm butter as snack :)
That's all for now. Take care till next.