Monday, February 28, 2011

Guest Hosting - MEC (Microwave Easy Cooking) - Rice Dishes

Hello Friends,


Here is another wonderful event that I have always been wanting to host, just to encourage myself to use microwave for more and more of my cooking. I do very rare cooking in microwave. You can call me old-fashioned. But, I know and I have seen from many of you amazing bloggers, how one can cook an entire meal in microwave. I hope and wish I can do that one day.


I would like to thank Srivalli for giving me this opportunity. Check her blog for future opportunities and past roundups. This is one proud event going on for more than 3.5 years now.


This month's theme is going to be "Rice Dishes". All you have to do is cook the basic rice recipe or any rice related dishes (vegetarian only, no meat or seafood or eggs allowed). 
Here are the simple rules:
  • Cook any item based on the month's theme in a Microwave and post it on your blog from now till the last date of the month. It has to be strictly vegetarian, no meat or seafood or eggs allowed. 
  • Remember, it has to be presented as Rice Dish and not something made out of rice dish, meaning not like a rice burger etc., hope you know what I mean. The rice should be as rice in the dish and not mashed or pureed. If you have any doubts, please feel free to email me or leave me a comment here.
  • Multiple entries are allowed.
  • The very IMPORTANT RULE is that ENTIRE COOKING NEEDS TO BE DONE IN MICROWAVE. Food processor or grinder or mixer can only be used for food processing, but no stove top or oven use at all.
  • Old archived entries are allowed, if updated with this announcement link. No need to repost it.
  • Add a link back to this event announcement and the original announcement of Srivalli, and feel free to use this logo:
  • Please send me an e-mail to priya.mitharwal@gmail.com with the following info.
* Subject Line: "MEC : Rice Dishes"
* Your name:
* Your Blog Name:

* Recipe Name:
* Recipe URL:
* A picture of the dish

  • Non bloggers can e-mail me the recipe and the picture and I will include it in the round up.
  • Deadline is 31st March 2011 and the round up will be posted during the first week of following month.
Looking forward to all the delicious entries :)


That's all for now. Take care till next post.

6 comments:

Srivalli said...

I am so happy you are hosting this Priya..thank you..:)

Krishnaveni said...

happy hosting priya, will send some recipes

Priya Suresh said...

Happy hosting Priya..

Lakshmi ...Rasoi ki Malkin..northern and southern spices said...

Surely will send some recipes priya,happy hosting..

Neetu's kitchen said...

I would like to participate in this event. My blog is http://www.tipsndeals.com/. Would love to see you sometime there. And Happy Hosting !!!!

Deeksha said...

Hi Priya

sent in my entry for MEC (Rice Dishes)pls check.thanks.
http://deeskitchen-deeksha.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails