It looks like for last few posts, I have been apologizing a lot. So, here I go again. I apologize because of the delay in announcing this event. Actually, no excuses, but one of my blogger friends was going to host it, but somehow it didn't workout, so I waited till now and announcing it.
But, never-the-less, I am really proud and happy I get to host it again. After all, it is my baby... lol :)
I chose Apple as the STAR igredient for this Veggie/Fruit a Month event. You can get all the details of the event right here.
Do I even need to explain the benefits of Apple? Who has not heard the saying "An Apple A Day, Keeps The Doctor Away". Here is a lot of info on Apple.
There are few rules of this event:
- · APPLE has to be the STAR of the recipe.
- · It can be cooked in any way or can be in its raw form in the recipe.
- · It can be any course of the meal (appetizer/main course/side dish/dessert/beverage or breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack).
- · Recipe has to be strict vegetarian (eggs are allowed). This is simply to re-enforce the fact that we can eat veggies without any meat and also for all our vegetarian friends, who do not eat meat.
- · You HAVE to make new recipes and old archived posts are not allowed. This is just so that we try and make new fresh recipes :)
- · Please send in your entries before end of October 31st 2010.
- · If you are a blogger, you can simply send your Name and URL of your recipe at priya DOT mitharwal AT gmail DOT com with the subject of "Veggie/Fruit A Month - Apple".
- · Non bloggers can email me your name, recipe and picture at priya DOT mitharwal AT gmail DOT com with the subject of "Veggie/Fruit A Month - Apple".
- · Link your post to this event.
- · Always try to buy and use locally grown veggie and fruits :)
Unfortunately, I won't be able to announce the roundup till mid of November as I will be leaving for a 5 week vacation shortly.
If anyone is interested in hosting it for any of the future months, please feel free to email me or leave a comment here.
That's all for now, take care till next post.