Next 2 months, I am guest hosting CWF (Cooking with Whole Foods) event which has been started by Kiran. I am honored and excited to be hosting this wonderful and healthy event. Please check her blog for all wonderful delicious and healthy recipes she has posted. Thanks Kiran for letting me host this event. I owe you one :)
My STAR ingredient for this event is QUINOA. I have to admit that I did not even know about this one till I started my own blog and started following my blogger friends. My main inspiration to even try this ingredient was my blogger friend Priya. Please do check out her blog for n number of innovative recipes that she has tried and shared with us. Please do follow the link to Wikipedia above to know more about this grain. It is a very versatile grain and can be pretty much used anywhere where you would normally use rice or broken wheat or any such grain.
Image Source: Wikipedia (Modified slightly to create the logo).
Rules of the event (as defined by Kiran)
- Use your creativity and make a healthy dish with the main Ingredient : QUINOA (soups,salads,smoothies,breads,cakes,Indian Dishes etc...)
- Link your recipe to this event page and my name and my blog name.
- Send in as many recipes as you can with the main ingedient.( All Vegetarian, No Eggs).
- Archived recipes are accepted, link your main recipe to this event page ,my name and blog name.(Need not repost).
- You MUST post the logo of this event on your homepage if you are participating in the event during the duration of the event ,this helps to spread the word.You can save the logo by left click.(Once the event is done you can remove it).
- Late entries are not accepted.
- When you mail me the recipe in the Subject mention :CWF -Whole Grains : Quinoa
- Please send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 10th 2010 with the following details : Your Name / Blog Name / Recipe Name / Recipe URL
- Non-Bloggers can send in their recipes too by sending me the recipe and a picture(optional) of the recipe and your location to email@example.com
Note: There are 2 more days left for CWF - LB : Chickpeas, so, please rush your entries if you haven't done so already :)
That's all for now. Take care till next post.