How is every one? Here I am with a healthy and simple soup.
Soups, unlike people think, are the easiest to make. It is more like throw everything together in a pan and let it simmer and either blend the contents and have it smooth or have it chunky. It is seriously that simple.
Would you believe if I say, one serving of this soup has only 99 calories and it is really filling? Believe it or not, it is true.
Total Fat 4.4g
Saturated Fat 0.4g
Total Carbohydrates 13.8g
Dietary Fiber 5.6g
Vitamin A 44%
Vitamin C 144%
Here are some amazing benefits of Broccoli (courteously http://www.healthdiaries.com):
- Nervous System - Broccoli contains a high amount of potassium, which helps maintain a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function, as well as promotes regular muscle growth.
- Eye Health - Studies have shown that the carotenoid lutein helps prevent age-related macular degeneration and cataracts, as well as possesses anti-cancer effects. Additionally, broccoli is a good source of vitamin A that is needed to form retinal, the light-absorbing molecule that is essential for both low-light and color vision.
Broccoli - 5 cup, chopped
Regular Milk - 2 cup (I used Almond Milk, use any milk you have handy)
Onions -1 cup, chopped
Water - 2 cups
Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 or 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 or 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder (Paparika) – 1 tsp (per taste)
Salt – per taste
- Take a heavy bottomed/non-stick pan.
- Add oil and sauté onion for 2 min.
- Add everything in the pan except for Milk.
- Cover and let it simmer for 10-15 min. (or till broccoli is cooked).
- Let it cool a bit and then using a hand blender or otherwise, blend it smooth.
- Add the blended soup back to the pan and add almond milk.
- Taste and adjust it to your liking and let it cook for 2 more min.
- Add water if you like your soup thinner.
Serve it warm with some chopped onions or croutons or just like that. Even my kids enjoyed it :)
This is my contribution to Healthy Me & Healthy US event that I am hosting this month.
That’s all for now. Take care till next post.