Monday, April 30, 2012

Til - Moongfali Chutney - तिल मूंगफली chutney (Sesame Peanut Chutney) for March Blog Hop

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to maintain the continuity. Here is a really late post for the March Blog Hop. Obviously due to this delay I have to apologize to Radhika, organizer of Blog Hops and Nisha, with whom I was paired in March.

Now that apologizes are made and hopefully accepted, here is the recipe I chose from Nisha's blog. I had too many choices, but this chutney caught my eye as I was looking for a new and easy chutney recipe for the idlis I was planning over that weekend.

Nisha, thanks dear, even my older one who is usually very picky with condiments, liked this chutney :)

Til - Moongfali Chutney - तिल मूंगफली chutney (Sesame Peanut Chutney)

Ingredients
Til (White Sesame Seeds) - 1/2 cup
Moongfali (Peanuts) - 1/3 cup
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Tamarind - size of a quarter (one rupee coin)
Dry Red Chilies - 3-4 (per your taste)
Garlic - 4-6 cloves (per your liking)
Salt - per your taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup (increase or decrease depending on how runny or thick you want your chutney)
For Tempering
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Preparation
  • Dry Roast Sesame seeds, Peanuts and Coconut till they are golden brown (do not over roast).
  • Take a non stick pan and add oil to it.
  • Once oil is hot, add tamarind, dry red chilies and garlic.
  • Fry till garlic is nicely roasted and golden brown.
  • Add all the ingredients except for tempering (including water) in a mixer/blender and grind to a coarse to smooth paste (as you like, I preferred it not very smooth).
  • Heat oil in a small pan and once it is hot, add mustard seeds and let them sizzle.
  • Immediately add it to the chutney and serve.

Serving
I served it with idlis and even with my yogurt rice. So, feel free to serve in in anyway you like. I felt that this was a great spread for sandwiches and rolls as well, if you like that taste.


This also goes to MLLA # 47 event brainchild of Susan.
That's all for now. Take care till next post.

18 comments:

FewMinute Wonders said...

Is the chutney liquify? I will make it too sometime because we like sesame seeds taste a lot.

Hari Chandana P said...

Lovely and healthy chutney.. looks super perfect.. thanks for sharing !!
Indian Cuisine

Shylaja said...

Delicious chutney

Shabitha Karthikeyan said...

Interesting chutney recipe !! Looks so homey and good.

Swathi said...

Delicious chutney Priya.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

My Favorite chutney too!!! but i dont til in it!!! adding til must make it very flavorful i believe!!!!!

Prema said...

Delicious chutney,luks yum...i dont mind to finish the plate.pls pass it:)

Indian Khana said...

My fav ...looks yum

Priya Suresh said...

Wat a super flavourful chutney.

Vardhini said...

Inviting chutney Priya.

Vardhini
CooksJoy

Archana said...

The colour of the chutney is so yum looking.

Suja Manoj said...

Delicious chutney..love it.

Sravs said...

Super chutney with appetizing tastes !!

Ongoing event CC:Mom’s Recipe

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Very yummy and healthy chutney.

Jyoti Babel said...

That is a new combo to me. Looks good

R said...

interesting ingredients, love the presentation!!

Anisha said...

I would love to try this... never thought of using til in chutney... :)

Srivalli said...

Though we make peanut chutney so regularly never tried with sesame..sounds interesting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails